Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What the-...Huh?...I...What?

Quick blog post before Glee starts. (It's got a Kurt sub-plot! YAY!)

In my never ending quest to entertain the masses of the internet, something unexpected has happened. First off, some back-up info. My friend TJ who like me made webcomics and sometimes does videos, has a funny little series of cartoon shorts about a rabbit named Jim who is trapped in B&W educational films and is ridiculed by the narrator.

Here are those:
Jim's 5th Unofficial (my personal favorite)

Well, last year back when I still went to high school (WOOT COLLEGE!...BOO COLLEGE WORK!) I did a group project in Child Psych about...I forget. Pregnancy and exercise! That was it. So I said "Well, jobs are exercise, and it's a realiztic issue. Not everyone works out, but every adult needs a job." So I was in charge of that part of the presentation...so instead of doing ACTUAL work I contacted TJ, and had him narrate THIS.

Obviously I didn't want to put in the effort to actually animate it, so this was all done on Movie Maker. It got loads of laughs at school. Yay for me. Well, a couple days ago TJ tells me he's put the Jim cartoons on Newgrounds, and he's included mine as part of the Jim series. Not technicalyl a flash animation, but I was flattered.

...IT'S BECOME MORE POPULAR THAN ANY OF HIS LEGIT ANIMATIONS.

What?! I'm not bragging here, I'm CONFUSED. TJ is hilarious, he's got talent out the wazoo, and something I made in Movie Maker trumps him? Why? What is wrong with Newgerounds! Look at their front page right now! If you're reading this soon after I've posted it, my cartoon is there on the front page...WHAT?

I'm also annoyed since I put more effort in other stuff, and nothing else has got half as much attention THIS quick. Talk about irony. I get popular and I don't WANT it. Universal Irony. It's a bit-

OH! GLEE'S ON! Gotta go!

- Tez

No comments:

Post a Comment