Sunday, November 22, 2009

Frobert #71. Know When to Frob 'Em



I keep linking to Frobby's Smack Jeeves site, which I suppose is its home-page, but I also post it on 5 other sites as well, not counting this blog. So I'm really hoping to get s job one of these days and work on getting my comics their own website to host on.

Problem with THAT is I'd lose a lot of my fans. I post on art sites that those people are already a member of. They watch a lot of other comics and art on those sites besides mine, so it's extremely convenient for them. They don't even have to CHECK. The site tells them when I've updated. If I posted on my own website, unless they use RSS or whatever, there's no real way to be informed when I've updated other than them having to go and check.

It sounds like a ridiculous and lazy thing to do when you sat it like that, but hey that's the internet. I just have to hope eventually I'll have enough fans at that point where losing a lot will still leave me with a respectable amount of readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment