Saturday, November 7, 2009

TRPoRA #62 - "Kinky"

Here's one I didn't think I'd have to mention (which is why I didn't in my very first post). TRPoRA, which stands for "The RPG Parody of Rotating Artists," is a project my good friends Jacob and Yuki (better known as Pandachu, former artist for "Tezzle & Zeek" for a short time) thought up. They took turns writing & drawing pages of this little RPG spoof comic, and it was pretty funny. The only flaw was they gave each otehr little knowledge of what the other one was doing short of little ideas of where they wanted to take the plot, so the story got a bit carried away. It's something we've done our best to fix.

Which brings me to my joining up with the team. I was originally an artist too for a couple comics, but I soon discovered I hadn't the zest for drawing my associates had (which is why except for Frobby I stick to writing), so I just wrote it and they'd draw my comics.

Then Yuki took a hiatus, so Jake and I took over, with me & him scripting back & forth, and he'd just draw them. This is where things really took off, and we started to have a really solid idea of where we wanted to take the story. It was fun. We'd go back & forth making a dozen scripts every day! But Jake put the comic on hiatus again. Well, a couple days ago Yuki offered to return. So now she's the artist and she's using Jake & my scripts.

Just today we got together again and thought up a sweet new storyline after we're done with the current arc. I hope she can keep updating regularly. No offense to Yuki who is just plain awesome, but her work ethic and ability to get comics out on a regular basis is really her Achilles heel, which is why she quit T&Z.

Enjoy TRPoRA!

- Tez

No comments:

Post a Comment