Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo Has Begun

National Novel Writing Month is something that happens all over the world every November. It's a marathon for all writers of any kind! No qualifications needed, just have a passion for literature. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (which is actually a fairly small novel) from November 1st to the 30th. There's no prize for winning, it's about setting a goal and reaching it. It's your own personal achievement, and really that's the best kind of victory there is, I feel.

This is my 3rd consecutive year participating. First year I sucked, next year I nailed it, and this year I hope to repeat my victory. I was not going to participate since 1, college is taking over my life at the moment and 2, I couldn't even think of a plot. Today in the middle of homework, I was struck out of nowhere with inspiration. I had the opening scene, and the final scene of a book. What would it be about I had no idea, but I knew I had to write it. So I'm now over 2000 words in and apparently it's about time travel. It's called "Tim Saves the World," and I hope it's awesome. I honestly don't know what's going to happen, but I know how it all ends. I'm pretty excited.

If you want to participate...well you've already missed one day if you're reading this on November 2nd. In order to pick up the pace you'll either have to write 3334 words on your first day, or write at least 1725 words every day for 29 days, instead of the usual 1667 per day for 30.

To anyone joining me in NaNoWriMo, I wish you luck!

- Tez

No comments:

Post a Comment